Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imHappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Hello

I have recently realised that the autobrightness is no longer working automatically under low light. Whenever im constantly using my phone in the night; and were my lights are turn on, after turning the lights off(complete darkness), my iphone doesn't dim the screen!

However when doing this transition viceversa; from low light to high light; the iphone does increase the light the screen for it to be more visible.

I also found that when im using my phone under low light, and the screen is too high that it causas fatigue, the only way -besides manualluly decreasing the brightness- is to lock and unlock the phone. When unlocking the phone, the screen keeps dim. Now, when turning the lights the screen does increase its brightness.

So in summary:
- low light -> high light = the screen brightness increases.
- high light -> low light = the screen WON'T get dimmer/decrease brightness!

Anyone else experience this issue thus know how to solve it?

Thx in advance

regiegija

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2012
Hello

I have recently realised that the autobrightness is no longer working automatically under low light. Whenever im constantly using my phone in the night; and were my lights are turn on, after turning the lights off(complete darkness), my iphone doesn't dim the screen!

However when doing this transition viceversa; from low light to high light; the iphone does increase the light the screen for it to be more visible.

I also found that when im using my phone under low light, and the screen is too high that it causas fatigue, the only way -besides manualluly decreasing the brightness- is to lock and unlock the phone. When unlocking the phone, the screen keeps dim. Now, when turning the lights the screen does increase its brightness.

So in summary:

Thx in advance
I have the same problem.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Hello

So in summary:

Thx in advance

Mine doesnt seem to work either . I seriously dont know why it doesnt work might have to be restored with itunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.