Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today would have been Steve Jobs' 57th birthday, and a number of Apple fans are taking the opportunity to commemorate his life and legacy, with the topic currently appearing on Twitter's list of top trending topics worldwide.

jobs_birthday_trending_twitter.jpg

Jobs passed away on October 5, 2011 following a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

jobs-500x334.jpg

A pair of Apple fans in New York City are planning a party in Jobs' honor at outside Apple's flagship Fifth Avenue store in Manhattan.
To fete what would have been Jobs' 57th birthday, dancers will gyrate to Bob Dylan songs while vegetarian birthday cake is served and black turtlenecks are handed out to hundreds of Apple fans, according to the event's organizers, Brendan McElroy and Seth Rogers. [...]

"If you want to respect his memory, the best way of doing it is focusing on a lot of the positive memories we have of him," [Rogers] said.
The party is planned to take place from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM today, and CNBC earlier today aired an interview with the two organizers about their plans.

Coincidentally, today also marks the 12th birthday of MacRumors. The site has grown along with Apple and now reaches over 9.5 million unique visitors per month with roughly 70 million monthly page views. As always, we are grateful to our readers, contributors, sponsors, and all those for whom MacRumors is an online home or a regular stop.

Article Link: Apple Fans Celebrating Steve Jobs' 57th Birthday with Party at Fifth Avenue Retail Store

pk7

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Wherever you are, happy birthday good sir. You made the world a better place and continue to do so even after death.

And happy birthday to MacRumors as well :)

Posted from my iPhone :apple:

sterlingindigo

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
East Lansing
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Happy Birthday Steve Jobs and MacRumors!

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Happy Birthday Steve Jobs and MacRumors!

Steve your contributions to IT and the World will be felt for decades to come. Thank you for making my life better and for helping me start my business!

uknowimright

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2011
by vegetarian are they meaning no dairy/animal by products? in that case they might want to use the term vegan

otherwise I don't see why they would say vegetarian at all, most birthday cake is made with no meat

appleraj

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
Happy Birthday Steve, thanks for all my wonderful itoys, will miss you at the keynotes.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Vegetarian birthday cake? I'll pass. But the idea for this event is pretty cool. I hope those of you who are able to make it have a good time.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
by vegetarian are they meaning no dairy/animal by products? in that case they might want to use the term vegan

otherwise I don't see why they would say vegetarian at all, most birthday cake is made with no meat

According to the Steve Jobs biography, the vegan cake at the Jobs wedding was not popular with the guests.

porky

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2003
BELGIUM
Just finished reading the book of Steve Jobs. Everyone should read it, it's just amazing. Eating all his life healthy food and dying so young. It ain't fair.
Congrats to Macrumors too. Already for 8 years i come here 3 times a day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.