Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:33 PM   #1
CdnMacJen
macrumors member

Facetime for Mac - can't get it to work!

I just downloaded Facetime for my Macbook Pro. It opens just fine, and I have added some contacts, but it won't save the phone numbers I enter for them. I go into contacts, edit it (type in the person's phone number), and then click on Done, and then when I go to the same contact, there is no phone number for them, so I can't call them! The phone numbers I type in just won't save (they disappear).

Also, when I try to use the help topics for the App, no matter what topic I choose, a blank screen comes up.

This is rather useless...I guess I'm stuck only using Facetime on my iPhone, and can't use it on my Mac!

Any suggestions? I already searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.
CdnMacJen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:50 AM   #2
ObuckiO
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnMacJen View Post
I just downloaded Facetime for my Macbook Pro. It opens just fine, and I have added some contacts, but it won't save the phone numbers I enter for them. I go into contacts, edit it (type in the person's phone number), and then click on Done, and then when I go to the same contact, there is no phone number for them, so I can't call them! The phone numbers I type in just won't save (they disappear).

Also, when I try to use the help topics for the App, no matter what topic I choose, a blank screen comes up.

This is rather useless...I guess I'm stuck only using Facetime on my iPhone, and can't use it on my Mac!

Any suggestions? I already searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else with the same issue.
I guess that's one of the cons about it; Contact adding cannot be done "in-app".
One solution i read on, was adding the contact in "Address Book" and it should be there. I don't know if that's how your doing it though, and i tried testing it, but mine was installed with OS X Lion. (purchased app is different)??
ObuckiO is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
facetime mac app