Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
"An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later."

Stations were working fine until this week. Now none of them work.
iTunes 9.2.1
Mac OS 10.4.11

Crack3rz

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2012
RE: Radio in iTunes not working now

This has been happening to me since yesterday night. I've been looking through some forums all which say the solution is to wait. It makes me mad that the problem is at Apple's end and not mine :/

cljohnston108

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
It makes me mad that the problem is at Apple's end and not mine :/
Actually, I'm quite relieved that it's on their end, and not some'n wrong with my system, that could only be solved by a major upgrade to the OS, since I'm quite happy with 10.5.8!

GoTerps

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2005
The Best Coast of Florida
Radio not working at all????

My iTunes Radio has not been working since 2/23...last thursday was the last day I used it effectively...I listen to this everyday...what gives???

Does anyone know why the service is down?:confused:

realrdp

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
iTunes Radio

H-E-L-P................I rely on iTunes Radio at work and have since 2007. While I am able log into and use the iTunes Store, the radio does not work. Can someone at Apple let us know what's going on????:confused:

Nov 28, 2010
located
Mine is still down too.

@ saberahul: Yes.
2012_02_27_pA1_iTunesRadio.png

If it is not there, it can be enabled via iTunes > Preferences or CMD+,
2012_02_27_pA2_iTunesRadioPrefs.png

----------

H-E-L-P................I rely on iTunes Radio at work and have since 2007. While I am able log into and use the iTunes Store, the radio does not work. Can someone at Apple let us know what's going on????:confused:

You have to contact Apple for that: http://www.apple.com/contact/, as Apple does not read this message board.
Is that station maybe available via other means, like going to the website and downloading the .pls file there and playing it back via iTunes or VLC Player?

Cardinal1

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2012
Possible Work Around

I experienced the same issue for the past few days. I wanted to listen to a station under the Jazz group.
Here's how I have gotten around the issue:
I clicked the twistee for other music groups until I found a group (about 4 or 5 groups in total) that expanded instead of giving me the error : "An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later.".
Then I went back to the Jazz group and clicked the twistee again and it worked.

617arg

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
I was hoping your work around would work for me. I found a genre that was working but that didn't fix the issue on the other stations that aren't......

welzmo

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
no radio

"An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later."

Stations were working fine until this week. Now none of them work.

Not only are my songs disappearing, now no radio! iTunes/iCloud is messed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.