Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bullseyetech

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
London
I've had my 4s since release but about 2 weeks about I noticed that when I lock the phone, the "locking" sound effect takes around 5-6 seconds after I press the button so I'm wondering if anyone else has experience this problem or is it just an isolated incident.

Plus, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
I've had my 4s since release but about 2 weeks about I noticed that when I lock the phone, the "locking" sound effect takes around 5-6 seconds after I press the button so I'm wondering if anyone else has experience this problem or is it just an isolated incident.

Plus, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is it affecting the way you use the phone? If not why worry about it?

or turn the lock sound off if its bothering you.

i heard turning spotlight search off would help make it more quick and snappy. not sure how or why. but saw it several places. any truth behind this?

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Is it affecting the way you use the phone? If not why worry about it?

or turn the lock sound off if its bothering you.

Not helpful.

OP are you JB? Have you done the basics: Closed all the apps in the recently used app list, turned the phone off/on completely (not sleep), restored as a new phone. It's not a commonly reported issue so if there's nothing you can do to fix it then I suggest a Genius appt.

Cgomezzz

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2012
I have the same issue going on bro idk why it does that and i dont like that so youre no the only one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.