Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aef1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
I am having an ipod/mac issue. i plugged in my ipod and it said it wasnt working and i would have to return it to factory settings. I didn't know why so I tried to eject it and on my computer it said it was disconnected and so I unplugged it without looking at the ipod screen (i know that was not smart) and the ipod screen still says "connected" several hours later and my ipod will not do anything.

i replugged in my ipod to see if it would do anything, and it would not appear on itunes. i looked in finder and the name of it was there so i clicked on it. 40 minutes later the rainbow pinwheel was still there so i unplugged my ipod, its logo stayed in finder. Finder would not do anything or close out so I went to the force quit menu, and tried to force quit but my only option on finder was "relaunch." I clicked that and eventually finder went away.

Now finder will not reappear on my screen (but still comes up in the force quit menu and doesn't say "not responding," and my computer itself will not shut down. the top bar with the apple options goes away but not my icons on the bottom. Eventually i got sick of staring at it and clicked safari, and everything is still working like i never told it to shut down, only finder still will not appear and my ipod will not be recognized.

aef1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Thank you very much! That helped my computer restart, and now finder is opening again. I really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.