Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Hey, everyone,

so here's the deal with my iPhone 3GS:

I updated baseband on the iphone from 05.16.01 to 06.15.00 and stayed on 4.3.0 as a firmware. I tried to unlock using ultrasn0w, but unsuccessful.

I decided to upgrade my firmware to 4.3.3 while preserving the baseband. I go to this guy's website: http://techdeville.com/2011/05/22/h...ng-baseband-custom-firmware-bundles-included/

While trying to restore the iPhone using custom 4.3.3 firmware, the iTunes "Your iphone has been reset to factory settings and will reboot in 14,13,12 sec...". However, the iPhone did not reboot!

I did a tethered reboot using Redsn0w (0.9.6rc16) and everything seem fine, I installed Ultrasn0w and it seemed that the unlock worked. I was afraid that it was a tethered jailbreak, so I press "Power" button and "slide to turn off". My phone did not turn on after it shut off, regardless of what buttons I pressed. So I thought it was a tethered jailbreak (dammit), so I did the whole tethered boot process again. The iphone rebooted and everything was fine. Then, the iphone all of a sudden switches off by itself. I tried to tether boot again and the iphone could not be rebooted. It's not detected in iTunes at all.

Then, I pressed "Fix Recovery" in TinyUmbrella and the iPhone's screen turns white. I press "Exit Recovery" and iPhone's screen is black again, not showing anything. Also, when the iphone's screen is white, I go to itunes to see if gets recognized and it does. When I try to restore using custom firmware, the iTunes gets stuck on "Preparing iphone for recovery".

I was trying to prep this iphone as a gift for my girlfriend, but it seems like it's bricked. Please, help me out. Would really appreciate any advice on how to force reboot and be normal again :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.