Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
I done it before, but now it won't let me make a new one, when i press new playlist it creates it in iTunes not device.

how come i can't add directly to the phone anymore?

j6jqx4.png

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Well, playlists will be added in iTunes, as you can see...but you then have to go to the iPhone's tab within iTunes, click on Music and click the playlist you want to sync with your iPhone.

(I am not in front of a Mac right now, but that's the general procedure...iTunes controls what appears on your accessories. )

Trance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Well, playlists will be added in iTunes, as you can see...but you then have to go to the iPhone's tab within iTunes, click on Music and click the playlist you want to sync with your iPhone.

(I am not in front of a Mac right now, but that's the general procedure...iTunes controls what appears on your accessories. )
when i click create new playlist it create one out side of the device, it makes it on iTunes. not iPhone Device.

16kdo45.png

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
when i click create new playlist it create one out side of the device, it makes it on iTunes. not iPhone Device.

Which is what I said above (quoting myself for clarity):

"playlists will be added in iTunes" not in the iPhone... "you then have to go to the iPhone's tab within iTunes, click on Music and click the playlist you want to sync with (/have added to) your iPhone."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.