Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
everywhere i look i see an iPhone... the worst part is i have one in my HAND :eek:
man i wish i wouldve gotten some apple stock lolz

Last edited:

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Why is the worst part that you have one in your hand? Not unique enough?

Enjoy your phone and don't sweat what others are using.

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
I hate iphones, mainly because I don't have one. I'm hoping Windows 8 phones will be a huge success, so Apple will drop the prices to compete. $1K is just too much to spend on a phone IMO. It especially sucks that most iPhone users are also Windows users. I've been using macs for 20 years and it sucks with great enormity that I don't have an iPhone, just a Nokia 1100. Apple should reward long term Mac users with free or very cheap iphones for their loyalty. I think i've got the receipt for a Macintosh 512 floating around somewhere.

Windows using iphone owners i hate you.

Gonzo89

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2012
I hate iphones, mainly because I don't have one. I'm hoping Windows 8 phones will be a huge success, so Apple will drop the prices to compete. $1K is just too much to spend on a phone IMO. It especially sucks that most iPhone users are also Windows users. I've been using macs for 20 years and it sucks with great enormity that I don't have an iPhone, just a Nokia 1100. Apple should reward long term Mac users with free or very cheap iphones for their loyalty. I think i've got the receipt for a Macintosh 512 floating around somewhere.

Can't tell if serious...

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
If you want to go somewhere to see a lot of iPhones, go to some vacation spot where you have to have some money to be.

Las Vegas, for instance. Whenever I'm there, I am amazed at how many iPhones I see. They are all over the place.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010

Seems like you have some major issues. Save your money and buy an iPhone if that's what you want.

Ps Apple doesn't care about you.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011

Are we talking handset or platform here? I often see someone on an iPhone and say to myself, "oh look, another iPhone user!"

I've never even recognized an android device by brand in the hands of a user, let alone model type.

Besides, even the article you linked to mentioned it had a lot to do with the fact iPhone users were waiting for the 5/4S launch:
http://www.mobileburn.com/18541/news/android-loses-market-share-to-ios-in-q4-says-gartner

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you want to go somewhere to see a lot of iPhones, go to some vacation spot where you have to have some money to be.

Or a college campus. iPhones have pretty much become ubiquitous there, along with Macbook Airs/Pros.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Can I have some of that stuff you're smoking, please?

Maybe Tim Cook will stop by your house to thank you for your loyalty. Be sure to show him the receipt. :rolleyes:

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
This is how I've seen it, in truth.
Last weekend I helped my wife proctor a math competition from competing middle schools. Grades 5th through 8th.
In between each test, the kids would all reach down into their bags and pull out their phones.
About 95% of these kids all had iPhones. Some 3GS, some 4, some 4S. It just amazed me to see some 10 year old with a 4S.
So it seems its no longer just a phone, its become an icon of sorts. They don't carry around their phones an PSP. Just the iPhone now.

Oh, FWIW, some of the girls actually had other phones that were all sparkling and glitter. So it seems the girls went after looks of the phones versus the boys over what the phone does.
Go figure.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO

Well i don't very much like you either Sir....

But.....

im-watching-you-meme.gif

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008

Las Vegas, for instance. Whenever I'm there, I am amazed at how many iPhones I see. They are all over the place.

Vegas is cheap. Try a slightly more exotic location. :D

Yes, iPhone has taken over.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Yep, calculators and smartphones took over in exams a long time ago...I didn't agree with it, preferred the rough paper "Work it out and show me how" approach, but it's gone, and it's not coming back

The upshot? Kids who do not fully grasp the concepts.

This is how I've seen it, in truth.
Last weekend I helped my wife proctor a math competition from competing middle schools. Grades 5th through 8th.
In between each test, the kids would all reach down into their bags and pull out their phones.
About 95% of these kids all had iPhones. Some 3GS, some 4, some 4S. It just amazed me to see some 10 year old with a 4S.
So it seems its no longer just a phone, its become an icon of sorts. They don't carry around their phones an PSP. Just the iPhone now.

Oh, FWIW, some of the girls actually had other phones that were all sparkling and glitter. So it seems the girls went after looks of the phones versus the boys over what the phone does.
Go figure.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Its because Apple is quality! You rarely see an iPhone crash. I can go days/weeks/months without even restarting my iPhone.

Buy a Macbook Pro (2011). Five years from now, it will still be running fine.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Do you not know your android devices then? I see EVOs and SGS and SGS2's all the time.

That's exactly my point! You need to "know" your android devices. I'd be willing to bet even my nanna can recognize an iPhone. (And most android devices look the same to me - I can say with 85% confidence or so if a device is android based or not though, but again, are we talking platform or brand?)

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010

Last time I was visiting Disneyland, I swear 75% of the phones were iPhones. Everyone would pull out their phones to text and Facebook while waiting in line. I honestly think 3 out of every 4 phones I saw was an iPhone.

Maybe that's why posting pics to FB took 10X longer than normal! :D

Meanee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Its because Apple is quality! You rarely see an iPhone crash. I can go days/weeks/months without even restarting my iPhone.

Buy a Macbook Pro (2011). Five years from now, it will still be running fine.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

iOS apps will simply quit to desktop when they crash. Android ones tell you that they crash.

And as for Apple quality, my gf bought a MacBook 2 years ago. Now, trackpad buttons do not work, hinge has some cracks, and entire thing is SLOW. On other hand, a "disposable" Toshiba I bought for a project, was bounced around by multiple airlines in a checked baggage, still going strong and damage-free after a year. And my gf uses macbook strictly as a couch laptop. We have few workstations for actual work. Maybe this would be different if she had MacBook Pro (metal and all), but still...

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

iOS apps will simply quit to desktop when they crash. Android ones tell you that they crash.

And as for Apple quality, my gf bought a MacBook 2 years ago. Now, trackpad buttons do not work, hinge has some cracks, and entire thing is SLOW. On other hand, a "disposable" Toshiba I bought for a project, was bounced around by multiple airlines in a checked baggage, still going strong and damage-free after a year. And my gf uses macbook strictly as a couch laptop. We have few workstations for actual work. Maybe this would be different if she had MacBook Pro (metal and all), but still...
Every white 3G and 3GS iPhone I have ever owned has had cracks in it.

My 2010 white MB has cracks in it near the hinge. Apple isn't exactly know for their quality on some of their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.