Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi guys,

I'm an enthusiastic OmniFocus user and since downloading Mountain Lion many OF users have not been able to open their beloved OF app within ML. The OmniFocus forums are being a bit vague about posting a workaround (as one does exist) considering it seems to violate Apple's NDA; but in all honesty am not too sure on the details.

I'm posting here on the off-chance that another OmniFocus/Mountain Lion user is seeking the same solution as I am; trying to get OF to work in ML.

Any advice is truly appreciated.

Adunks

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Omnifocus not working on Mountain Lion

Hey

I'm also having the same problem. Really need the fix, this will help me alot.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Mountain Lion is a Developer Preview or beta software. Therefore it should. It be used for production environments as many things are not working or working as expected. You should not expect software vendors to develop or fix bugs at this very early stage but to look at implementing features. Support, of course could be limited.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
come on OmniFocus!
Really? You're chastising OmniGroup for not updating their application to make it compatible to an unreleased OS?

The purpose of a developer preview is to do just that, so don't you think they're using 10.8 for that purpose and when 10.8 is released OmniGroup will release an update

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
The workaround has been posted at https://devforums.apple.com/message/621717. You do need to be a registered Mac developer to get access to that forum. Since you have to be one for the Mountain Lion preview, accessing it should not be a problem.

Also, this is actually an OS X bug, not an Omnifocus bug. The workaround changes how framework functions work.

Blipp

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Really? You're chastising OmniGroup for not updating their application to make it compatible to an unreleased OS?

The purpose of a developer preview is to do just that, so don't you think they're using 10.8 for that purpose and when 10.8 is released OmniGroup will release an update

Agreed. It's pretty disappointing how indignant people seem to get when they steal a developer preview, install it as their primary OS, and then their beloved apps no longer work. If this is the first developer preview release then when exactly were the app developers supposed to update their program to run? That literally is the entire purpose of a developer preview in the first place so that their apps are up to speed by the time the OS makes its public release.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Agreed. It's pretty disappointing how indignant people seem to get when they steal a developer preview, install it as their primary OS, and then their beloved apps no longer work. If this is the first developer preview release then when exactly were the app developers supposed to update their program to run? That literally is the entire purpose of a developer preview in the first place so that their apps are up to speed by the time the OS makes its public release.

Way too many people think it's perfectly OK to steal unreleased software then complain how something doesn't work.

rodpascoe

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2006
Truro, Cornwall
Way too many people think it's perfectly OK to steal unreleased software then complain how something doesn't work.

This guy could be a genuine apple tester. It's not expensive to buy an Apple Developer Subscription.

Perhaps cut him a little slack until you know otherwise?

Blipp

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
This guy could be a genuine apple tester. It's not expensive to buy an Apple Developer Subscription.

Perhaps cut him a little slack until you know otherwise?

If he were a "genuine tester" he'd be submitting bug reports to Apple and the app developers instead of complaining on a web forum...

Either way if you choose to install beta software, licensed or not, as your primary OS then you're asking for the kinds of trouble he's running into.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If he were a "genuine tester" he'd be submitting bug reports to Apple and the app developers instead of complaining on a web forum...
Not necessarily the two are not mutually exclusive. They can submit a BR, add a thread to the ML support forums at apple and still post here.

Of course by doing that thy violate the NDA they agreed too

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I didn't mean to chastise OmniFocus one bit. Admittedly, this
Was
My
First developer download since signing up for the app debeloeper program. Needless to say I was frustrated and here we are. I solved the problem via the appleseed support site.

I did start this thread in regards
To
Having been a member forgone years
Years now and it being the best/most
Site
I
Visit.

Apologies of this stirred
Up
Some
Replies.

I am loving mountain lion though. I'm heavily considering selling my Mbp if a
Brand we revamped Mbp comes out this summer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.