Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Hi apologies if this has been asked before...

I am a student and I have tried to put my text books on my ipad 1- I put them on dropbox and I can see them which is fine. The problem I am having is that one of my text books is 118MB and when ever I try to open it in dropbox it crashes.... However if I open my other book it works fine because it is split into different chapters in different PDF documents.(~2.1-2.9MB ea) So my question is (1) Why is this.

Part 2:

I like viewing them in dropbox because I can view the book in landscape with out the book being portrait but it won't work for one of them.

When I open my book that works I can view them on the whole ipad screen if the ipad is portrait (like a book) but if I put it in landscape it the PDF is still in portrait mode just using 1/3 of the screen (the middle) (ScreenShots 1&2 taken in drop box) and (ScreenShots 2&3 taken in goodreader)- as you will see in one of the good reader screnshots although the ipad is in landscape the book is not!

In summary: what is another decent PDF reader? or a way to flip the book in goodreader? and why can't I open my larger textbook (118MB) in dropbox

Thanks for any help in advance!

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    136.6 KB · Views: 78
  • photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    99.1 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 3.PNG
    photo 3.PNG
    451.8 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 4.PNG
    photo 4.PNG
    266.2 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.