Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Senrabi
macrumors newbie

Repair for macbook air

So today my friend managed to drop my bag with my macbook air in its case in which dented bent and dented the corner of the screen part and changed the alignment of the screen and keyboard so it is slightly too far too the left. What will this cost to repair? and will it void my applecare or affect any claims in the future?
Senrabi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:17 PM   #2
MrCheeto
macrumors 68030

What is the model number? If you don't know, does it have a black or silver hinge?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Senrabi
macrumors newbie

black hinge
Senrabi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:22 PM   #4
MrCheeto
macrumors 68030

I'm sorry to say that prices for these newer MacBook Air displays are still stratospheric. Your best bet would be to check for used parts on sellers like eBay or Amazon and finding a local, trusted, repair tech.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:00 AM   #5
jksu
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senrabi View Post
So today my friend managed to drop my bag with my macbook air in its case in which dented bent and dented the corner of the screen part and changed the alignment of the screen and keyboard so it is slightly too far too the left. What will this cost to repair? and will it void my applecare or affect any claims in the future?
best bet is go to applestore and ask for a quote....

when my mba 11 trackpad had a clicking problem, they replaced it under warranty. but there was a price on the invoice of $30 or so, which i thought was quite reasonable if i were out of warranty....so you never know.

that said, unless it's maybe an easy piece like maybe a hinge or something to replace to fix your problem, to replace a screen will probably be pricey... and maybe cheaper to go 3rd party repair places that may buy broken laptops for parts so can cut you a better deal
jksu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senrabi View Post
In the shape it is in now, yes it will affect AppleCare. What you need to ask Apple is if they repair it, will it bring it back under AppleCare. And of course what the repair cost would be.

And it sounds like you should invest in a padded sleeve for your Air as well.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air