Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geekgirrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
I have a 3gs 4.0.1 I was trying to upgrade to 5.0.1. Something happened and itunes tried to restore back I guess and now it's stuck. No holding the power/home buttons system works. It kind of wont shut off and itunes 10.5.3.3 doesnt even see the phone. This is an non jb phone. It was jb a while back but I un jail broke it to 4.0.1.

Any ideas how to get out of this? I dont even think I can do a restore and itunes doesnt see the phone. I'm using windows 7.

Thanks.

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
I have a 3gs 4.0.1 I was trying to upgrade to 5.0.1. Something happened and itunes tried to restore back I guess and now it's stuck. No holding the power/home buttons system works. It kind of wont shut off and itunes 10.5.3.3 doesnt even see the phone. This is an non jb phone. It was jb a while back but I un jail broke it to 4.0.1.

Any ideas how to get out of this? I dont even think I can do a restore and itunes doesnt see the phone. I'm using windows 7.

Thanks.

are you on ipad BB?

geekgirrl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
I'm on an iphone 3gs.

No other way to boot this phone out of dfu/recovery mode than some software?
I dont even know what mode I'm in except that itunes will not see the phone no matter what magic button sequence I use....so far. Grrrrrr...

Tinyumbrella doesnt see my device. The exit recovery & fix recovery buttons are grayed out.

I got it! I tried the 3rd usb port and it worked.

Last edited:

bring-ass

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I love u geek girl i had like 2 days stuck on this, i had switched different USB port but never a 3rd... i hope God gives you like ten sons in return

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.