Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNeedHelp1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Hello, I have attempted to Jailbreak my iphone 3gs

But I mistakenly put the ipad baseband on my phone 5.0.1 OS

My iphone 3gs is not compatible with the baseband I put on mistakenly

Obviously now my phone will not work correctly nor will it work at all... I turn it on get the apple logo and then plug into itunes... After this my phone just turns itself off..

I am not writing here to show off my problem I am hoping for a clear solution explained easy.. I am not good with phone jailbreaking etc.. This is not the type of thing I follow up on... Although if it is a hard job to do then for what ever help I get I will try and keep in contact with that person, and Pay for said help, It won't be much money of course I am only a student

Although I will try to donate/give as much as I can,

Thank you for posting

Also
I am sorry if this has already a fix and I have not noticed it.

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Hello, I have attempted to Jailbreak my iphone 3gs

But I mistakenly put the ipad baseband on my phone 5.0.1 OS

My iphone 3gs is not compatible with the baseband I put on mistakenly

Obviously now my phone will not work correctly nor will it work at all... I turn it on get the apple logo and then plug into itunes... After this my phone just turns itself off..

I am not writing here to show off my problem I am hoping for a clear solution explained easy.. I am not good with phone jailbreaking etc.. This is not the type of thing I follow up on... Although if it is a hard job to do then for what ever help I get I will try and keep in contact with that person, and Pay for said help, It won't be much money of course I am only a student

Although I will try to donate/give as much as I can,

Thank you for posting

Also
I am sorry if this has already a fix and I have not noticed it.

First find out if your 3Gs is new or old bootrom. (google helps :p)
puttin 6.15 on a 3Gs new bootrom kills it. the BaseBand is F'd up. it isnt completely bricked, but its pretty much useless

if its old bootrom, you should try and hold home + power for 10 seconds to see if it boots up fine, if not...
use pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW that you will need to restore to in iTunes

GL

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
1. Find out whether your phone is made after week 35 in 2011 by looking at the 3rd (year), 4th & 5th (week) digit of it serial number. If it is prior to to that then,

2. Jailbreak it, then install ultraslow to unlock it. By doing so, you can still use it with AT&T sim. This is the only way to work around your issue. without installing ultrasn0w, your phone will not recognize your AT&T sim.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
1. Find out whether your phone is made after week 35 in 2011 by looking at the 3rd (year), 4th & 5th (week) digit of it serial number. If it is prior to to that then,

2. Jailbreak it, then install ultraslow to unlock it. By doing so, you can still use it with AT&T sim. This is the only way to work around your issue. without installing ultrasn0w, your phone will not recognize your AT&T sim.

As report continue to come forth, some 3GS iPhone as early as week 28 are reported as having their cellular radios killed by installing the iPad baseband.

iNeedHelp1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
First find out if your 3Gs is new or old bootrom. (google helps :p)
puttin 6.15 on a 3Gs new bootrom kills it. the BaseBand is F'd up. it isnt completely bricked, but its pretty much useless

if its old bootrom, you should try and hold home + power for 10 seconds to see if it boots up fine, if not...
use pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW that you will need to restore to in iTunes

GL

My Phone is the new bootrom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.