Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razzydazzle99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Hi, please move this to a more appropriate section if exists.

I am looking for an app, or program, that will read the meta data of my iphone photos, and process them into displaying right-side-up on my PC. I take thousands of photos, and it is not reasonable to go through them one by one adjusting each 90 degrees at a time. I am not concerned about movies.

If anyone knows of any program or app that can do this quickly, I will be greatful for any tips.

Thanks everyone.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
You didn't mention operating system, but assuming when you say "PC" you mean windows:

irfanview can do batch processing based on metadata, though I haven't used it for batch rotation. I've used it to change filenames from serial number to date/time.

Regards,
Tom

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
You didn't mention operating system, but assuming when you say "PC" you mean windows:

irfanview can do batch processing based on metadata, though I haven't used it for batch rotation. I've used it to change filenames from serial number to date/time.

Regards,
Tom

Exactly what Tom says. In irfanview (Windows) there is a setting in preferences for "Auto-rotate image according to EXIF data".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.