Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:12 AM   #1
Frosticus
macrumors 6502a

Question PDFs in iBooks - How to sync via iCloud?

I've tried Googling and MRoogling this one but still can't seem to find a clear answer, so here goes...

Should PDF documents which I have in iBooks be syncing between my devices via iCloud - i.e. in the same way that books from the iBookstore do?

If so, how do I enable this? If not, any suggestions on how to achieve this so I can sync the stored PDFs on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosticus View Post
I've tried Googling and MRoogling this one but still can't seem to find a clear answer, so here goes...

Should PDF documents which I have in iBooks be syncing between my devices via iCloud - i.e. in the same way that books from the iBookstore do?

If so, how do I enable this? If not, any suggestions on how to achieve this so I can sync the stored PDFs on my iPhone and iPad?

Thanks in advance...
No, one of my major complaints. Neither PDF's nor personally added epub's from third party sources sync.

I don't even think they get backed up. I have on a few times in the past restored and lost all docs. Very annoying, it's hard to manage/keep a reliable library on iPad.

I make sure all are stored in Dropbox for backup. That's my recommendation. Use DropBox, and star those that you know you'll need often then it'll keep a local cache of that file.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier