Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
I thought perhaps it might be too heavy to be run in MBA $999 version. Especially since it has 2GB. But it does have SSD so does that make Parallels possible?

Nevermind, I think I found the answer to this here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2630321?start=15&tstart=0
I have the latest 15" MacBook Pro (Core i7, High-Res matte screen) and just upgraded my Rev B MacBook Air (1.86 GHz, 128 GB SSD) to the new 11.6" (1.4 GHz, 128 GB SSD). So far, the new Air is about the same as my old one in general performance, which I consider very impressive considering the slower processor, slower memory bus and having only half the L2 cache.

The new Air is also SIGNIFICANTLY faster in booting, wake-from-sleep and general file operations.

Overall, I find the new Air so fast that I rarely bother with my MacBook Pro anymore, and generally leave it at home now and use the Air for just about everything. My usage is not light, as I drive a 23" monitor at work and frequently have about 6 applications open with multiple windows and tabs. All of this on only 2 GB RAM without any slow-downs.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
You can buy refurb. They look brand new and have same warranty as new.

With the refurb discount you can get the 13" or a 4GB version if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.