Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:57 AM   #26
Mawal
macrumors regular

I use launchbar, alfred and spotlight...may be 90% of the time it is launchbar, extremely fast and versatile, needs some digging in, though...
Mawal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:00 PM   #27
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
I used to use QS, but just found it starting crashing on me, now I use Alfred, works flawlessly, super-quick and looks nice!

I did like that in QS I could search for a contact and then copy their number without having to launch address book - I don't know if you can do that in Alred? I haven't bothered looking into all it's features yet
kirky29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:12 PM   #28
PoseidonMac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky29 View Post
I used to use QS, but just found it starting crashing on me, now I use Alfred, works flawlessly, super-quick and looks nice!

I did like that in QS I could search for a contact and then copy their number without having to launch address book - I don't know if you can do that in Alred? I haven't bothered looking into all it's features yet
I am certain you can do it with the powerpack I switched and am loving it also. Just all around better imo. +1 Alfred
PoseidonMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 03:02 PM   #29
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoseidonMac View Post
I am certain you can do it with the powerpack I switched and am loving it also. Just all around better imo. +1 Alfred
Awesome, thanks! I'll have to check it out
kirky29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 08:48 PM   #30
rjames86
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky29 View Post
Not only can you copy phone numbers from within Alfred, you can actually assign extensions or url schemes to certain fields within the address book.

Right now, for phone numbers I can still copy/paste them, but if I hit enter, I have the url scheme "iMessage:{query}" which automatically opens up Messages beta and opens a new iMessage window with that number.
rjames86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:04 PM   #31
coops
macrumors regular

I tried Quicksilver, but was more powerful than i really needed...

I use good old dragthing as a launcher.
Still good.
http://www.dragthing.com/english/about.html
coops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 04:03 PM   #32
ustamills
macrumors newbie

I've tried Quicksilver numerous times because of the lure of so much power. But it just keeps crashing on me. I would love to use it, it just won't stay up. So, I'm back to the free version of Alfred.
ustamills is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:26 PM   #33
oneapplegeek
Banned

one vote for Alfred. I have used quicksilver and launchbar before I knew about Alfred. And, I'm sticking with Alfred. It's just awesome with great UI.
oneapplegeek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:33 PM   #34
Team Timm
macrumors regular

Just my 2 cents

I prefer QS over Alfred only because it's free to use hotkeys, not interested in paying money for multiple license keys just to use Hotkeys (triggers) on all my macs at work & home.

Side note on QS: It doesn't automatically open every time after sleep/restarts, but its easy to open up. Being as it is free, it's not that big of a deal.
Team Timm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:54 PM   #35
terrymaz
macrumors regular

another vote on alfred. I downloaded quicksilver on my other mac a year or so ago and never really used it. When i got my new MBPR, i downloaded alfred and use all the time. I love being able to hit command twice and there it is .)

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store