Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Closed Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:45 PM   #626
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
It would be inhumane to let them die. It woould be fair to leave them with a bill, an not pass it off the cost to everyone else.

From the New York Times [source] ...

Quote:
Among families who were bankrupted by illness, those with private insurance reported average medical bills of $17,749 compared to those who were uninsured, who faced an average of $26,971 in medical costs. Those who had health insurance but lost it in the course of their illness reported average medical bills of $22,568.
So I must assume ...

1. That you have medical insurance and at least $17,749 in savings

or

2. No medical insurance and at least $26,971 in savings

or

3. You're a leech on society
citizenzen is offline   0
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:46 PM   #627
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, autocorrect must have changed my typo. I need to start using tapatalk again.

----------

Monthly paments, maybe cut out some habits. Friends, families, charity, maybe your local church, fund raisers, side jobs, jar next to a cash register at your local gas station, win the lottery, sit in the corner with a cup and a sign, sit on the corner with a guitar and an open guitar case, get a job or second job. Assuming you're healthy enough.
Wow- I've had enough of you. That is pathetic. So now you think homelessness or begging to pay for medical bills is fine. Wow. How absolutely disgusting. Not that you ever had it, but you've lost any respect I could have had for you. And since you asked so nicely before, welcome to my ignore list. Congrats, there is only one other person on it. You're truly a special breed.
leekohler is offline   1
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:58 PM   #628
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
Wow- I've had enough of you. That is pathetic. So now you think homelessness or begging to pay for medical bills is fine. Wow. How absolutely disgusting. Not that you ever had it, but you've lost any respect I could have had for you. And since you asked so nicely before, welcome to my ignore list. Congrats, there is only one other person on it. You're truly a special breed.
LOL, nice work Eric! I know you must be crushed, but you'll get over it.
obeygiant is offline   0
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:20 PM   #629
CaptMurdock
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
Yeah, it figures you'd take up for him.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:27 PM   #630
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Sorry, autocorrect must have changed my typo. I need to start using tapatalk again.

----------

Monthly paments, maybe cut out some habits. Friends, families, charity, maybe your local church, fund raisers, side jobs, jar next to a cash register at your local gas station, win the lottery, sit in the corner with a cup and a sign, sit on the corner with a guitar and an open guitar case, get a job or second job. Assuming you're healthy enough.
How about reduce the cost of medical care in the first place. Hospitals should not be in the business to make money, they are there to help people. Insurance companies are just as evil making more in premiums than they pay out in care.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:00 AM   #631
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
Lord Blackadder said it back on page 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Blackadder View Post
This is no longer a productive conversation.
That's why I've stepped back from it. Eric has moved the goalposts so many times they're now in a baseball stadium. WTF do guns and healthcare have to do with Rush's misogyny and the pallid GOP reaction to it?

There are only so many hours in a day, and I don't intend to spend them on Eric's wild goose chase.
Thomas Veil is offline   1
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:08 AM   #632
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Lord Blackadder said it back on page 8:

That's why I've stepped back from it. Eric has moved the goalposts so many times they're now in a baseball stadium. WTF do guns and healthcare have to do with Rush's misogyny and the pallid GOP reaction to it?

There are only so many hours in a day, and I don't intend to spend them on Eric's wild goose chase.
You might want to look at who kept moving the topic, usually when I didn't it was to respond to an off topic question asked to me.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
How about reduce the cost of medical care in the first place. Hospitals should not be in the business to make money, they are there to help people. Insurance companies are just as evil making more in premiums than they pay out in care.
I better not answer this so I won't mention anything about getting the government out of the business or tort reform.

This is a slut comment thread.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
Yeah, I am going to lose a lot of sleep over this one.
ericrwalker is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:08 AM   #633
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

Quote:
You might want to look at who kept moving the topic, usually when I didn't it was to respond to an off topic question asked to me.
And you're the reason I'm asking the mods to close this topic. But please feel free to get in the last word.
Thomas Veil is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:16 AM   #634
iBlue
macrumors Core

Quote:
You might want to look at who kept moving the topic, usually when I didn't it was to respond to an off topic question asked to me..
I, for one, have really enjoyed watching you step in it, repeatedly.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:17 AM   #635
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlue View Post
I, for one, have really enjoyed watching you step in it, repeatedly.
That means a lot coming from you.
ericrwalker is offline   0
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:22 AM   #636
iBlue
macrumors Core

Quote:
That means a lot coming from you.
I'm so offended that you have't sifted through my posts for a year old comment taken out of context to use against me! It's like you don't even care!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:52 AM   #637
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlue View Post
I'm so offended that you have't sifted through my posts for a year old comment taken out of context to use against me! It's like you don't even care!
I wouldn't ever take anyone out of context. I also never purposely was looking for anything that countered the comments people posted here. If I did I would have come up with a lot more than two.
ericrwalker is offline   1
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:53 AM   #638
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
And you're the reason I'm asking the mods to close this topic. But please feel free to get in the last word.
MOD NOTE: Thread closed per the OP's request.

Should there be any reason to reopen this or if you should want to continue discussion of an offshoot from this thread please report this post.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues