|Oct 22, 2014, 12:05 AM||#1|
Giving juice to a flashed Gigabyte R9 280x OC 3G
Techpowerup gives a peak power consumption of 244W and a maximum of 347W
I have looked in every corner of the Internet for one of the 5.25 bay PSUs but couldn't find any, especially for shipping to Greece. I don't want to use an external hacked PSU. I don't like that kind of mesh on my desk.
So, my next approach to get power is the following:
1. Get 150W from the two PCIe connectors with a 2x 6 pin to 8 pin cable.
2. Get additional 100W from SATA bays with a 2 x SATA to 6 pin cable
3. And finally we have the 75W that the PCIe bus provides.
So, my questions are:
1. Are my calculations/ assumptions correct? Does the above connectivity provides 325W of power to the GPU?
2. If 1 == true, then am I on the safe side using this card for Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut and Cinema 4D work, without worrying about frying the motherboard of my 2008 Mac Pro (3,1)?
3. If I absolutely need an additional PSU, because my assumptions are wrong, where can I find one?
Thanks so much for your time and brain cells!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Any MSI R9 280X Gaming 6G OOB success?||Zwhaler||Mac Pro||4||Sep 6, 2014 08:36 AM|
|R9 280X not working in 5.1 10.9.4||AndreeOnline||Mac Pro||6||Aug 25, 2014 03:56 PM|
|D700 recognised as Radeon R9 280X by 3D Mark||peabo||Mac Pro||39||Feb 13, 2014 09:31 AM|
|7970 and 280X||costabunny||Mac Pro||2||Nov 14, 2013 04:05 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.