Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Photawala
macrumors newbie

iPhone 3GS not turning on!

I have a iPhone 3GS which is not turning up. I charged it for 2 hours and also tried connecting it with itunes. Neither works. The phone is completely down with a black screen and no detection in my my macbook or itunes.

This happened second time. It actually happened to my previous phone as well 2 months back. I kinda misplaced that phone so don't care about it. But this one also came up with the same issue. Need help badly.

FYI, I am using the same simcard slot in this phone (which I used in my previous one). Should that be creating any problem. I already tried the hard reset. HELP! URGENT HELP!
Photawala is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Try holding the home and power button down together for 20-30 seconds.
Applejuiced is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Photawala
macrumors newbie

Thanks for your comment but I guess I made myself clear in the last post that I already tried the hard reset and its not working. Also since the phone isn't been decking in the iTunes... pls don't tell me about recovery as well.

I need a completely different solution... Please!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Not much you can do then.
Sounds like a hardware fault.
Bring it to a repair shop or Apple.
Applejuiced is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Photawala
macrumors newbie

I guess so... but what surprises me is... how can I have this issue in 2 back-to-back phones... there can't be so much coincident in my life... Something really weird going on in here.

Anyways, do you have any idea how much will it cost me to get it fixed since its out of warranty... Btw isn't there any such Apple agreement where they are liable to replace me the phone since its not at all starting up (as no water damage is done)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photawala View Post
I guess so... but what surprises me is... how can I have this issue in 2 back-to-back phones... there can't be so much coincident in my life... Something really weird going on in here.

Anyways, do you have any idea how much will it cost me to get it fixed since its out of warranty... Btw isn't there any such Apple agreement where they are liable to replace me the phone since its not at all starting up (as no water damage is done)
You might have a bad charger that maybe shorts it out? Not sure.
But no, Apple is not liable to replace it once its out of warranty.
You can go and give it a try though, worst thing that could happen is they will say no.
And they will charge you the $149 fee to replace the phone.
Up to you.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting