Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

#1 change you'd like for iPhone 5

• Larger screen

Votes: 284 47.7%
  • Better battery life

Votes: 99 16.6%
  • iOS 6

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Thinner

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • Faster processor

Votes: 17 2.9%
  • Improved camera

Votes: 14 2.4%
  • 128gb memory option

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Near-Field Communication

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 1gb DRAM

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • 4G LTE

Votes: 98 16.5%

• Total voters

pdr13

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ditching AT&T.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

LTE and form factor.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I agree with a no-glass back.

We could all ask for things that we'd expect to see.
But I hope that Apple (just like they did with Siri), that they add something to the iPhone5 that none of expect. Just to create something that we now all want that we didn't know existed.

Fingers crossed.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

Ditching AT&T.

:confused:

Unless you mean you, yourself, are looking forward to leaving AT&T I am not sure I follow. I doubt APple would stop selling the phone on ATT's network. They currently sell the most units in the US.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Larger screen gets my vote - my old eyes are getting knackered and it's hard to see small text these days.

I'd love to see the home button go as well. Yuck.

thefreeagent

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2010
New Mexico
I, for one, love the glass back and the design of the iPhone 4/4S...the best of the bunch, by far. Voted for battery life, but I can't wait to see what iOS 6 has in store, and wouldn't mind LTE. Slightly smaller bezel, if possible, but no increase in screen size if it means a larger piece of glass.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
My number one change would be the elimination of the now confusing numbered naming pattern of the iPhone. Apple, please just call it the "new iPhone."

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
More battery life. No point in me voting for LTE since there are no British networks with LTE, but that'd probably be high on my list too.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
I would like to see a bigger oled display. LCD is old tech. If I'm spending top dollar, I want top tech. It really is that simple. I don't care for accurate colors on a small tiny mobile screen. I want my screen to pop with color when all I will be doing is viewing it. There's no precious desktop editing done on a phone. So let's get off the accurate colors BS because it's not even all that accurate to begin with. I don't care for back light bleeding or a yellow tinged screen that requires me to keep going back to the Apple store. Just give me a better display like Samsung's Galaxy phones. Considering the SGS3 will be getting a brand new SuperAmoled HD Plus display, Apple really better do something with that tiny 3.5 inch LCD LG display. High dpi can't make up for screen size. But screen size and high dpi is a true high end display.
Then while your at it, get rid of the cheap glass on both sides, and get true Gorilla Glass 2 on the front. Put on a proper 2 MP front camera. Take out the weight so it doesn't feel like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket, especially in the summer when I'm wearing shorts. Then make sure you put in Samsung's quad core processors as Samsung's processors are THE BEST. I want Quad Core because I wan't my phone to last a few years so it can have all the features of the following iPhone 5S and iPhone 6. I don't want your trying to force me to buy the iPhone 5S because my iPhone 5 specs aren't good enough *ahem* siri.
Now the only way you can do all this is if you start innovating and stop suing everyone and everything under the sun. So Apple, you got the money, go buy the parts from whoever you have to, and put together a better phone.

mrochester

macrumors 601
Feb 8, 2009
I would like to see a bigger oled display. LCD is old tech. If I'm spending top dollar, I want top tech. It really is that simple. I don't care for accurate colors on a small tiny mobile screen. I want my screen to pop with color when all I will be doing is viewing it. There's no precious desktop editing done on a phone. So let's get off the accurate colors BS because it's not even all that accurate to begin with. I don't care for back light bleeding or a yellow tinged screen that requires me to keep going back to the Apple store. Just give me a better display like Samsung's Galaxy phones. Considering the SGS3 will be getting a brand new SuperAmoled HD Plus display, Apple really better do something with that tiny 3.5 inch LCD LG display. High dpi can't make up for screen size. But screen size and high dpi is a true high end display.
Then while your at it, get rid of the cheap glass on both sides, and get true Gorilla Glass 2 on the front. Put on a proper 2 MP front camera. Take out the weight so it doesn't feel like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket, especially in the summer when I'm wearing shorts. Then make sure you put in Samsung's quad core processors as Samsung's processors are THE BEST. I want Quad Core because I wan't my phone to last a few years so it can have all the features of the following iPhone 5S and iPhone 6. I don't want your trying to force me to buy the iPhone 5S because my iPhone 5 specs aren't good enough *ahem* siri.
Now the only way you can do all this is if you start innovating and stop suing everyone and everything under the sun. So Apple, you got the money, go buy the parts from whoever you have to, and put together a better phone.

You do realise that sticking the most advanced tech in a device just for the sake of it doesn't actually make a device better, right? You also need to tie in the associated software and services. We've already just about reached end game as far as where advances in technology can take us in mobile; the focus is now on the software and services and making them the best and most compelling experiences possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.