Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Cool video, but to say that a zero emissions car is invisible to the environment is not accurate... it takes over 1,000 gallons of oil just to make the tires for it let alone the rest of the car. I'm not being a hater, just calling out one of their claims. Neat production.

cgbier

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2011
Cool video, but to say that a zero emissions car is invisible to the environment is not accurate... it takes over 1,000 gallons of oil just to make the tires for it let alone the rest of the car. I'm not being a hater, just calling out one of their claims. Neat production.
Those figures are bit old already, but a car with a life expectance of 10 years and 100,000km produced around 2/3 of its emissions already during its production (a hybrid car is even worse). Only 1/3 come from driving that thing. If we can save at least this 1/3, we have a winner.

Just as an addendum...

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Boston

Those figures are bit old already, but a car with a life expectance of 10 years and 100,000km produced around 2/3 of its emissions already during its production (a hybrid car is even worse). Only 1/3 come from driving that thing. If we can save at least this 1/3, we have a winner.

Just as an addendum...

Way to contribute to the thread about a cool advertisement in the digital video forum. :rolleyes:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Read before about that mainly as stealth technology. But the first time to see this way; well done;
When innovation meets creativity ... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.