Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1
terzinator
macrumors 6502

thick case: need pass-through extender for dock (and headphones)!

iPhone cases are so danged thick (I have a speck), so when you sit them on a dock plug (like, the one I have in my car), it can't make a connection. I need to use an extender deal that can fit inside the small opening, and the one I have looks all stupid and I don't think it provides the best connection. (Gotta fiddle with it to make sure the audio sounds OK.) So, what's the best pass-through dock extender thingy you've found out there? (Or are they all the same?)

(This type of thing

Same for headphones... the headphone opening in the case is so slim that older headphones won't fit. I know I can get a 3-foot extender cable with small plug sleeves, but are there any headphone jack extenders you like that don't have a bunch of extra cabling?

maybe this one?

or this:

terzinator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 05:51 PM   #2
tonyyvo
macrumors member

i just received my Radtech dock extender from Amazon and it works as advertised. I'm using this dock http://www.walmart.com/ip/Memorex-iP...Black/20440475 with a Vapor Pro case.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
iPhone cases are so danged thick (I have a speck), so when you sit them on a dock plug (like, the one I have in my car), it can't make a connection.
Not all cases are. And some docks are more versatile than others.

...and be careful using a rigid headphone jack extender. You'll be exerting much more torque on the jack than you would if you had used a cable.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:11 AM   #4
davidg4781
macrumors 65816

How's the quality on the Radtech? I was thinking about picking one up but read some reviews stating they were falling apart.

It did look like the black cables on monoprice might fit an Apple Bumper case. I think I might try that for my car charger. I'm not going to use a dock inside and right now, I don't have any kind of speaker docks, so this would work out for my needs now.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories