Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rinseout

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Weirdness with a dmg: Try to mount it, but it does not appear in the finder. So I drag it to the trash and try downloading it again. This time it works fine, so I do what I need, eject it, and drag the second copy to the trash. Try emptying the trash... fails because one of the dmgs is in use. I check finder, but nothing appears as a mounted volume. Drag the undeleted copy back out of the trash. Open Terminal.app, and see that it is mounted. So I unmount it in Terminal, and try dragging it back to the trash. I still cannot empty the trash because the dmg is still "in use", even though neither the Finder nor Terminal report it as mounted.

How do I get rid of this thing?

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004
make sure that if you've opened any documents from the dmg that you've quit the applications they used....i've had similar issues ejecting external drives when I've still got an application open after reading a file directly from the disk....even after the document is closed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.