Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Mar 6, 2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Brm-G
macrumors member

Resume template iWork Pages or Word

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a nice resume design template. I see many nice html and photoshop templates but I don't know how that works. Therefore I am looking for some goodlooking pages or word templates, but I can't find any nice ones. The ones I find are only textbase without shapes and colors. It shouldn't be too colorfull but one or 2 colors would look nice.

Anyone tips where I can find some free templates?

Thanks.
Brm-G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 03:17 PM   #2
B. Hunter
macrumors regular

I use Pages a lot.
Take a look at the App Store. There are some interesting templates there designed just for Pages.
B. Hunter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 10:14 PM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

A lot of people ask about résumé templates. However, I strongly recommend that you get a book and learn what a proper résumé should include and look like. There is a problem here. The templates provided by Microsoft with Word are too ornate. Pages includes a very nice selection of résumé templates. The problem is that like those for Word, they are also too ornate.

B. Hunter may be impressed by a collection of "interesting" templates for Pages. In the case of résumés, they should strive for simple formatting. Especially for entry-level job applications sent to larger companies, résumés are scanned and cataloged by keyword. The computer doesn't care how pretty your formatting is. Not only is there no upside to pretty formatting, there is a very definite downside. Ornate formatting interferes with the OCR.
MisterMe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 02:45 PM   #4
B. Hunter
macrumors regular

Your computer might not care about "pretty" formatting?
Well some HR folks actually do. And their numbers are growing.
B. Hunter is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics