Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brm-G

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2011
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a nice resume design template. I see many nice html and photoshop templates but I don't know how that works. Therefore I am looking for some goodlooking pages or word templates, but I can't find any nice ones. The ones I find are only textbase without shapes and colors. It shouldn't be too colorfull but one or 2 colors would look nice.

Anyone tips where I can find some free templates?

Thanks.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
A lot of people ask about résumé templates. However, I strongly recommend that you get a book and learn what a proper résumé should include and look like. There is a problem here. The templates provided by Microsoft with Word are too ornate. Pages includes a very nice selection of résumé templates. The problem is that like those for Word, they are also too ornate.

B. Hunter may be impressed by a collection of "interesting" templates for Pages. In the case of résumés, they should strive for simple formatting. Especially for entry-level job applications sent to larger companies, résumés are scanned and cataloged by keyword. The computer doesn't care how pretty your formatting is. Not only is there no upside to pretty formatting, there is a very definite downside. Ornate formatting interferes with the OCR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.