Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Latino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2003
London, UK
Hi all

I'm having some trouble trying to edit pics in my lowly G4. I shoot with a Canon 300D (Digital Rebel for you accross the pond), mostly in RAW, but sometimes in JPEG.

I'm using iView Media to organize my pictures (because when I got it iPhoto didn't do RAW, and now I see little reason to change). iView displays my RAW files just fine, but when I try to edit them in Photoshop, colors are completely off, overly saturated. In fact, all other applications (including C1 Pro, iPhoto, Photoshop, Preview...) show the RAW image with wrong colors, but iView shows them perfectly. See attached photo.

On the left is iView Media, on the right is Photoshop. As I see it, and as I shot it, the one on the left is much closer to the real scene

However, and this is rather curious, the exact opposite behaviour occurs with JPEGs. They display well in all apps, but iView shows the over saturated image.

I suspect it has something to do with color profiles, but I just can't seem to find what it is.

I also just tried opening the same RAW file on my GFs PC, using a tryout of C1 Pro, and the RAW displays as I would expect it to, like iView does in my Mac

Any ideas? thoughts? recommendations? I'm stuck!

Help... please?

Latino from sunny hot UK :p

Attachments

• PicColours.jpg
    PicColours.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 202

Latino

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2003
London, UK
dotdotdot said:
Same problem happened to me in Photoshop

You need to reset your color profile

You mean reset the colour profile of the picture itself? in any case, could you please give a quick pointer as to how to do this?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.