Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joshuauk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Ok so I have a macbook pro 2011 13 inch & I just dropped dropped my iPhone onto to the bottom of the trackpad and it cracked, BADLY. I have applecare although I understand that they don't cover accidental damage, I can't believe it shattered I only dropped it from about 3/4 inches and the iPhone was in a rubber case. Anyway this might be wishful thinking, but do you think it might be able to be replaced? & If not how much should I expect a repair to set me back?
Thanks
Josh

Attachments

• Photo on 07-03-2012 at 20.37 #2.jpg
    Photo on 07-03-2012 at 20.37 #2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 404

shootist

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2011
Yeah Apple can replace it. But not under any warranty. As you know accidental damage isn't covered. So take your credit card with you.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I'm guessing that perhaps the trackpad may have been slightly compromised from the beginning.

Dropping your phone on it should not crack the part. My wife is very hard on her MacBook Pro, constantly dropping things on it. It never ceases to amaze me just how well it holds up without as much as a scratch.

I would call Apple tech support and give them an opportunity to hear your case, and see what they might do for you. Often times they are very lenient if they think your case warrants it.

I've got other brands, and no one comes close to Apple's level of customer service.

Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.