Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:25 PM   #1
jrv3034
macrumors 6502a

iPod settlement help...

Hello, all. I'm the owner of a 3G iPod, and it was purchased before May 31, 2004. Therefore I do qualify for the iPod settlement, and recieved the notice by mail from Apple.

My concern is that I myself didn't pay for the iPod; a friend of mine bought it for me as a wedding present. I'm wondering if that's ok. It was a brand new iPod, registered under my name, but paid for by someone else. If I get a copy of the receipt from him, would I be able to send this in and still qualify?

Thanks in advance!
jrv3034 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:34 PM   #2
puckhead193
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrv3034
Hello, all. I'm the owner of a 3G iPod, and it was purchased before May 31, 2004. Therefore I do qualify for the iPod settlement, and recieved the notice by mail from Apple.

My concern is that I myself didn't pay for the iPod; a friend of mine bought it for me as a wedding present. I'm wondering if that's ok. It was a brand new iPod, registered under my name, but paid for by someone else. If I get a copy of the receipt from him, would I be able to send this in and still qualify?

Thanks in advance!
I don't see why they would give you a problem lots of people get ipods as gifts...

i need help to on my settlement also...
I bought my 3g at the apple store. It gave me problems so they gave me a brand new. But the battery is failing on the newer one. I don't have the orignal receipt but i do have the apple care paperwork from that...will that do...?
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod