Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for this link and code

Gonna pull the trigger for the lexington myself I think. I want this style of case and it's nice to see they will be shipped when the iPad gets here.

Why do I have the feeling I'm gonna be purchasing multiple cases like I've done for the 4s? :rolleyes:

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
+1 - I wish we could pre-order more colors on the smart feather case. It looks perfect!

I had one for my iPad 2, and it was an amazing case; the perfect level of coverage and matched my smart cover perfectly. I'm with you on pre-ordering more colors, I neeeed a Red one!

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I can't see where they give you a chance to enter the coupon code?
*EDIT* nvm, very first page of the order

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
ordered the Lexington also, was almost going to go for the Feather, but the folio looks to cover a little bit more and have just a little more potection, I tend to get narcoleptic and drop devices while I'm watching something and dozing off.

dromi

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Lexington looks nice, I guess there is no point ordering this for the uk?

the shipping is crazy cheap, but I fear I could be taxed and that would makee it expensive (ups fees) etc.

Hotfeet

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
Thanks OP for the info.

I'm not familiar with earlier models. This is described as a 'hard shell' -- I usually equate that with rigid plastic. It is also described as 'vegan leather' -- I wonder what that means. A 'synthetic leather' such as Naugahyde would be ok for me -- anyone have any insights? I want to stay away from something that is stiff and cold, like a stiff plastic would be.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
I really wish that these would ship out before the 16th so they would be here the day my iPad arrives :( #firstworldproblems

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
I had one for my iPad 2, and it was an amazing case; the perfect level of coverage and matched my smart cover perfectly. I'm with you on pre-ordering more colors, I neeeed a Red one!

Did this case prevent the Smart Cover from coming off? I've read their website and it states that it locks the Smart Cover in place, which is ideal unless I can find an equivalent cover that has the cover and the back protector as one piece.

Frankmagnet

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Ireland
Lexington looks nice, I guess there is no point ordering this for the uk?

the shipping is crazy cheap, but I fear I could be taxed and that would makee it expensive (ups fees) etc.

I was wondering about this too. Has anyone ordered from the UK or Ireland before? Any idea of customs or import duty costs?

dromi

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
It would be about £25 pounds delivered, which is over the £15 pounds thershold. So you could get charged £8 pounds I think for handling, plus import duty. If it was available now, I would jump for it, but it's an "estimated" delivery for the 16, add 7days of shipping... zzz

Frankmagnet

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Ireland
It would be about £25 pounds delivered, which is over the £15 pounds thershold. So you could get charged £8 pounds I think for handling, plus import duty. If it was available now, I would jump for it, but it's an "estimated" delivery for the 16, add 7days of shipping... zzz

Ye I suppose, Hopefully we will see some nice cases showing up on amazon.co.uk or similar soon.

Would be nice to have a case waiting on the 16th :)

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Did this case prevent the Smart Cover from coming off? I've read their website and it states that it locks the Smart Cover in place, which is ideal unless I can find an equivalent cover that has the cover and the back protector as one piece.

Yes, you have to put the cover on first, then the feather case snaps on and has a protrusion that sits over the metal securing band of the smart cover, locking it in place on the iPad.

Swiss Miss

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Thanks for sharing and the code, OP!

I went ahead and ordered a Lexington case as well.

I had a RooCase leather case for my iPad 2 which I sold along with my iPad 2. I really liked that case but I will give the Lexington a try. I am glad this one doesnt cover any of the front.

If I don't like it I can always just throw it on eBay once something nicer comes out! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.