Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1
sun surfer
macrumors regular

Itunes Play Counts - Easy way to alter?

I swear I remember just a few years ago being able to easily adjust the play count. I remember having to google for a way, but it seemed like there was a way within itunes itself to do it, without using "files" or "scripts" or other programs.

I haven't needed to alter play counts since then, until now, and I can't remember how. I googled and searched this forum, but all I can find are more complex ways with downloads or adding some files or something, and I'm pretty computer naive comparatively so it seems hard.

Am I just imagining that it was easier to edit play count? Or maybe it was possible but some newer version of itunes made it not possible?

Either way, I'd like the easiest way possible now because I have to edit play counts, so all info will be helpful. Thanks!
sun surfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

I don't recall there ever being a way to do that within iTunes (not sure if there was or not), but Doug's AppleScripts are a great resources for tools like this that are very simple to use. This one in particular may be helpful: Add or Subtract Play Count.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store