Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I swear I remember just a few years ago being able to easily adjust the play count. I remember having to google for a way, but it seemed like there was a way within itunes itself to do it, without using "files" or "scripts" or other programs.

I haven't needed to alter play counts since then, until now, and I can't remember how. I googled and searched this forum, but all I can find are more complex ways with downloads or adding some files or something, and I'm pretty computer naive comparatively so it seems hard.

Am I just imagining that it was easier to edit play count? Or maybe it was possible but some newer version of itunes made it not possible?

Either way, I'd like the easiest way possible now because I have to edit play counts, so all info will be helpful. Thanks!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I don't recall there ever being a way to do that within iTunes (not sure if there was or not), but Doug's AppleScripts are a great resources for tools like this that are very simple to use. This one in particular may be helpful: Add or Subtract Play Count.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.