Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
We are looking to upgrade our our phones to the new 4S. We have decided to go with Sprint. Any advantage or disadvantage buying it from the Sprint Store rather than the Apple Store. We have both within a mile of each other so it's not a big deal either way. Thanks

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Personal opinion: It depends on how much Sprint account work needs to be done. For example, if you're just replacing a phone and nother else, I'd say either one. But if you are changing anything on your Sprint account I say to go Sprint.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
If just buying them, I'd go to the Sprint store. While it's unlikely, they may be able to throw in a few extras for you, a discount on your account, or some type of bonus that the Apple store wouldn't.

Once you have the phone though, if anything were to ever go wrong with it, you'd be foolish to go to any store other than Apple first.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I'd go with Apple. I had a hell of a time with Sprint and getting my AppleCare+ added. Not going through them again.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
There's no difference, but I'd rather go to the Apple Store. Just to get the full :apple: experience.
Plus they'll have a larger selection of overpriced cases then the Sprint store, if you're into overpriced cases :)

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Go to apple if at all possible you will have a much more enjoyable experience.

schock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Thanks for the feedback. I do like the overprice cases. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.