Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Mar 8, 2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Micake
macrumors newbie

How to restore iPod touch 2nd generation after jailbreak.

I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, my boyfriend decided to jailbreak it. Now I'm trying to restore it back to the normal settings. I already downloaded the iPod system update and need to restore it. However, since it's still in jailbreak it won't allow it to restore. I've tried many things including dfu mode...which I have no idea what to do when in dfu mode. I just want to reset it back to its original state so I can give it to a 9 year old boy for his birthday. -_- Any Any ANY advice is much appreciated.
Micake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micake View Post
I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, my boyfriend decided to jailbreak it. Now I'm trying to restore it back to the normal settings. I already downloaded the iPod system update and need to restore it. However, since it's still in jailbreak it won't allow it to restore. I've tried many things including dfu mode...which I have no idea what to do when in dfu mode. I just want to reset it back to its original state so I can give it to a 9 year old boy for his birthday. -_- Any Any ANY advice is much appreciated.
I suggest you go in to an Apple Store and tell them your boyfriend did something to your iPod and you can't reset it any more.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:00 PM   #3
DJJAZZYJET
macrumors 6502

easy

make sure the iPod is turned off, then turn your computer on and launch iTunes, make sure the usb wire is connected to the computer. Then hold down the home button and plug in the iPod connection still holding the home button until iTunes detects the iPod in restore mode. Then you can restore.
DJJAZZYJET is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch