Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

occamsrazor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
Hi,

I have a car stereo with flip up video screen that is capable of playing DVDs and CDs, including MP3 CDs.
What I would like is to burn a DVD disk full of MP3s that the stereo is able to play. I tried burning a DVD-RW using Toast in MP3 Disc format but the unit didn't accept it. I haven't tried Toast's Music DVD format yet.
Can anyone who has successfully burnt a DVD containing MP3 files capable of being played on their car stereo please let me know how exactly they did it, including disc type and format etc?

Thanks...

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I would like to point out that a mp3 CD that your car stereo is capable of is not the same as an mp3 DVD. Have you tried making a mp3 CD to play in the car?

Also, Not all DVD players can handle DVD-RWs. If it can really accept mp3 DVDs, then it may have to be made on a DVD-R.

And I'm fairly certain the the DVD Music option is not what you want.

occamsrazor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I would like to point out that a mp3 CD that your car stereo is capable of is not the same as an mp3 DVD. Have you tried making a mp3 CD to play in the car?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've made an MP3 CD and it plays fine. What do you mean by "a mp3 CD that your car stereo is capable of is not the same as an mp3 DVD"? Surely if the unit has the capability to play mp3s from a CD, and also the capability of reading DVD discs, then it ought to be able to do the two together, no? I thought it would just be a question of detrmining the type of DVD physical discs it can play, and the format type required.

Also, Not all DVD players can handle DVD-RWs. If it can really accept mp3 DVDs, then it may have to be made on a DVD-R.

That could well be the issue, perhaps I need to try it with some DVD-R discs.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
What do you mean by "a mp3 CD that your car stereo is capable of is not the same as an mp3 DVD"? Surely if the unit has the capability to play mp3s from a CD, and also the capability of reading DVD discs, then it ought to be able to do the two together, no?
Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way.

Let us know have a DVD-R works instead of a DVD-RW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.