Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
There is going to be an Apple Store grand opening nearby that I am going to attend. The doors will open at 10am. I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with going to these events and if they had any advice to offer.

What time did you get there? Were there alot of people? Did you get a free shirt? Did they have any sales?

Thanks

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Eniregnat said:
You are not there now?

I should have specified that the grand opening is at 10AM on SATURDAY :p ;)

I was thinking about 5am myself... but if you really think that I should head over there now... ;)

Anyone else going to be at the Grand Rapids (Woodland) opening?

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
YEAH!!! Im going too!!! (sorry for the enthusiasum) im just really excited and wondering the same question. See ya there!

Edit: to answer you question im getting there around 8am becuase i cant drive right now my dad has to drive and he doesnt want to get there that early. But if i could drive I would get there around 7.

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
Lucky you! I still have to wait until sometime in Septemeber for the first Apple Store in San Antonio to open. I didn't realize I'd need to get there so early though. What kind of advantage does 5-6 hours early give you? First in?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I really want to go to an apple store grand opening.
It seems like It'd be SO exciting!

Take pics, post them on the forums! I want to know what it's like!

(and if you snag an extra shirt... I'd appreciate it if you'd mail me one! ^_^)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
katie ta achoo I will try and get a extra one to send to you (if you pay shiping) if you want one, but I can't promise anything. This should be really exciting I keep on going to ifoapplestore.com to see what other grand openings are like.

What should be the first thing I go to in the store. Im thinking a dual 2.7 w/ 30inch display. :cool:

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
katie ta achoo said:
I really want to go to an apple store grand opening.
It seems like It'd be SO exciting!

Take pics, post them on the forums! I want to know what it's like!

(and if you snag an extra shirt... I'd appreciate it if you'd mail me one! ^_^)

the extra shirt is doubtful (sorry, I'd love to but I have other non-internet friends, no offense ;) ). However, the pictures are going to happen!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I would say that if you are interested among the first in line, probably the latest 5am. My wife an I attended the North Shore Peabody Apple Store. Think we got there around 8am and still got a T-Shirt. It appeared that Apple does very well with sales at these special events. Good luck to all at the opening. I will also look forward to pictures.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Does anyone know what time Woodland Mall will open for this? I know the department stores (aka Sears, Martial Feilds) open at 8 and Woodland opens at 9 but that is way to late to get in line for the applestore. Is there going to be a special spot for people to wait?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
debroglie said:
the extra shirt is doubtful (sorry, I'd love to but I have other non-internet friends, no offense ;) ). However, the pictures are going to happen!

Curses!! Foiled again!

Oh well, time to print out another Apple-themed iron-on transfer.

Hve fun at the grand opening!! :) :) If you see Steve there, give him a high five for me. :)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I just got back at the whole store was really nice. The line was really big. I got there around 7:15 and was about the ~25-30th person in line. It really picked up aroudn 9. The line wraped around a corner came back then went out of my site so I would imagine at least 500 people were there in line. When I went in the people were really nice and helpfull and one of the people gave me a demo of automater. It was really cool I can't wait to actually buy something from there (I just got a job yesterday but start training in a 2 weeks)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.