Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:22 PM   #1
bosoxnm3
macrumors member

iTunes keeps crashing on Windows

I don't really know where to post this, so I decided to post it here. I am using Windows Vista. When first start my computer, and open iTunes, iTunes will work for anywhere from a couple of second to a couple of minutes. If I start iTunes by plugging my iPhone in, it usually works long enough for a sync. Eventually it crashes and says "itunes has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." Whenever I try opening iTunes again, the program will never open until I go to windows task manager and end the iTunes process tree. When I do open it afterwards, it opens for a second and immediately crashes.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes and that doesn't work. I've read somewhere that maybe it is a corrupted file, but I don't really know what that means, and what to do to solve it.
bosoxnm3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help