Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:57 AM   #1
essexstu
macrumors newbie

Transferring music from PC to Mac

Hi guys, I've just purchased a new iMac and I'm looking to find out the best way to transfer all of my iTunes library from my old PC to this iMac. If I take out an iTunes Match subscription from my PC, would I then be able to download the whole library to the new Mac?
essexstu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:43 AM   #2
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

what I do is copy all the music files from the old computer to an external hard drive then copy the files to the new computer, in iTunes just select 'Add folder to library' and point it to the newly copied folder. this way won't preserve any play counts but I've never worried about that,

for playlists on the old computer right click on the playlist name and 'Export' then copy the exported file to the new computer and 'import playlist' not 100% sure that works going windows to OS X though.
androiphone is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services