Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Hi All,

I recently had to do a restore-to factory settings on my iPhone 4s ( 5.1 iOS ), to solve a bluetooth issue. I then re-installed all my apps etc. so it's pretty much back as before - including iCloud with photo stream.

All worked fine except Photostream. Prior to resetting the phone both my iPhone & iPhoto Photostream files were in sync - both showing 148 files.

Now on my iPhone the Photostream album only contains 30 of those files.
How can I get the iPhone back in sync with my iPhoto files?

cheers all :)

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I've had the same problem with an Apple TV. I was only able to sync the last 30 days of photos. My guess is the pictures you can now see were all taken within the last 30 days.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Solved - sort of...

I cured it this way.

Copied all the Photostream images in my iPhoto PS album to a new iPhoto album.

Deleted all photos from my iPhoto PS album. These then deleted what was on my iPhone PS album. So effectively I had no PS images in either my iPhoto PS album of my iPhone PS album.

Then copied all the PS images I'd saved earlier back to my iPhoto PS album, which then synced to my phone.

Both PS albums now match.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did this too and it worked. It's also nice that I can delete any photo stream photo from all devices now since they're all "post 5.1".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.