Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:42 PM   #1
YoMoma
macrumors newbie

IPhone headphones

I been listening with my mp3 players for years with just earbuds. Got a set of Skullcandy`s now which sound alright, but just put on my pc mic/headphone and this sounds much better. More bass, is what I want. The earbuds are good but I dont think they fit in my ears well enuf to produce good sound.
My question is, what brand of lightweight headset works good with the IPhone and has good sound quality? Im using a bumper for protection on my phone so the headphone jack cant be too large or it wont get by the bumper to make a complete conection.
YoMoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:30 PM   #2
labman
macrumors 604

1st what's your budget and there are a ton of threads that already answer this.. there is also your preferences a audiophile is interested in purest truest sound. So they tend to hate Dre's a base heads is more likely to like them. best best look on Amazon and read there reviews.

Last edited by labman; Mar 12, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
labman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Dweez
macrumors 65816

Go listen to a variety of headphones / earbuds with your music - let your ears decide.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:00 AM   #4
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMoma View Post
My question is, what brand of lightweight headset works good with the IPhone and has good sound quality?
Keep in mind that "good sound quality" is extremely subjective. You mention you want better bass make sure you're very clear on that if that's something you want. Don't assume that everyone else's notion of "good sound quality" is the same as your own. My IEM's are excellent but wouldn't be suited for you.

Also, always provide a budget. The more info you provide on what you're looking for the better the suggestions you'll get.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:51 AM   #5
allapon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi74 View Post
Keep in mind that "good sound quality" is extremely subjective. You mention you want better bass make sure you're very clear on that if that's something you want. Don't assume that everyone else's notion of "good sound quality" is the same as your own. My IEM's are excellent but wouldn't be suited for you.

Also, always provide a budget. The more info you provide on what you're looking for the better the suggestions you'll get.
Have to agree with this comment. There are so many factors to define "Good sound quality"

A lot of people suggests Shure in-ear, but I don't like the characteristic of the Shure headphone. I prefer Bose or Shure but a lot of people said otherwise, Both of us are not wrong. It depends on your "Preferable characteristic" of headphone.
allapon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:46 AM   #6
weisjt
macrumors 6502a

i have been using the id america spark in ears, cost 55 bucks and sound pretty good, the build and design is very nice and you won't have problems using them with any cases. check them out they come in some interesting colors also.
weisjt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:02 PM   #7
itsderpxd
macrumors member

i use bose ie2's and love them .

i've tried turbines and they suck compared to bose.
itsderpxd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:23 PM   #8
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweez View Post
Go listen to a variety of headphones / earbuds with your music - let your ears decide.
Where can this be done? Are there items available to clean said headphones before trying them out?
Six8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:39 PM   #9
labman
macrumors 604

Myself i like amazon reviews for a good mixture of real people and http://www.head-fi.org/ are more form reviews more from audiophiles.

here is the best multi IEM review I have ever found this review is from the mind of a Audiophile not a bass head.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...added-03-11-12

Last edited by labman; Mar 13, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
labman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:30 PM   #10
YoMoma
macrumors newbie

I`m not looking to spend more than $50 on a set of headphones. I like good clear music but I want a little bass. The same bass my $50 SkullCandy earbuds dont seem to provide.

Last edited by YoMoma; Mar 14, 2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: adding price of earbuds
YoMoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories