Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
I know there aren't many iPad 3 cases out, but if possible, you could recommend me one from the previous iPads and I will hope they will be making one for the 3. Pictures or links to the site would be nice too.

Now what I'm looking for is something simple, clean, and sleek. All black, does not have to be leather but preferably, and no white stitching. I don't want anything bulky. Just a really "clean" look, nothing sticking outside of it, etc. It could be a sleeve or a smart cover type of case.

The closest thing I've found that matches my description is this case from saddlebackleather:

i26q8.jpg

The only problem I have with this is that it looks really awkward the size. It looks very... bulky. But other than that, it's perfect - color, stitching, and even the leather is perfect too (I like how the leather is very clean, no bumps, etc).

(Also, to see what I'm talking about with the "awkward size", watch it live here)

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
You really can't go wrong with a beautiful Saddleback Leather product. I'm thinking about getting one myself to complement the Maroo Moko case, which is currently 50% off for today only.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
You really can't go wrong with a beautiful Saddleback Leather product. I'm thinking about getting one myself to complement the Maroo Moko case, which is currently 50% off for today only.

Thanks for the link, but I checked the site earlier and didn't see anything I wanted. :( The only thing that got me close to purchasing something was maybe the pens, but that was about it. Their stuff to me is "too much", like it looks messy to me.

I said this in the other thread but I'm really picky - I bought a bag over $300 last January. More than a year later, this week I finally replaced the bag. I bought the same size, color, style, everything. Identical bag. Except I customed the bag and paid an extra $50 to get the stitching tone on tone (matching the leather).

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Have you considered Saddleback Leather's iPad 2 Leather Case (not the gadget sleeve, but the case)? I'm not sure if it's too bulky for your taste, and it is twice the price of the gadget sleeve, but it offers more features suited for the iPad itself.

I've seen a lot of people post this one, but I do not like it at all.

(Video link to the case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1E410hRwI)

It looks waaaaaay too clustered at the front, too many things happening. It looks bulky as well. The only thing I like about it is the leather (again, clean). I would not purchase it or even use it if it was given to me for free. Thank you for the suggestion though - really appreciate it!

Gary79

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
How about a Vaja case? I had one for a phone long ago, and the quality of leather was unmatched. They are expensive, and take a while to craft and ship, but if money/time is not a concern, they are worth a look. And remember, ignore the colors, as you can customize it anyway you like.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I've seen a lot of people post this one, but I do not like it at all.

(Video link to the case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1E410hRwI)

It looks waaaaaay too clustered at the front, too many things happening. It looks bulky as well. The only thing I like about it is the leather (again, clean). I would not purchase it or even use it if it was given to me for free. Thank you for the suggestion though - really appreciate it!

You're welcome!

Here's another suggestion: the T Anthony iPad leather case for $150, and it meets all your criteria in the OP.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
How about a Vaja case? I had one for a phone long ago, and the quality of leather was unmatched. They are expensive, and take a while to craft and ship, but if money/time is not a concern, they are worth a look. And remember, ignore the colors, as you can customize it anyway you like.

I actually "like it" but I don't know if I love it. Will definitley check the site out more in depth (the flash on the site is making my computer all weird. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Here's another suggestion: the T Anthony iPad leather case for $150, and it meets all your criteria in the OP.

Wow... That's the most perfect case ever. Except for that black strap. I know - I'm picky!

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Haha, you didn't list that in the OP though. ;) You can always cut the strap off (only kidding).

Just a really "clean" look, nothing sticking outside of it

I beg to differ. :p

Marware_MicroShell_Folio_iPad_2_case_1.jpg

I really like Marware MicroShell Folio iPad 2 Case - it's exactly what I'm looking for (I think the case covers the volume though? You could see at :26). It's sleek, nice, and clean. I think I might order this one as my "smart cover" but I'll still be searching for a leather one. :) (and I know I said I like a nice clean look, but it has the lines in the front, but that is pretty much mandatory because it's a smart cover and needs to fold)

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007
I beg to differ. :p

I really like Marware MicroShell Folio iPad 2 Case - it's exactly what I'm looking for (I think the case covers the volume though? You could see at :26). It's sleek, nice, and clean. I think I might order this one as my "smart cover" but I'll still be searching for a leather one. :) (and I know I said I like a nice clean look, but it has the lines in the front, but that is pretty much mandatory because it's a smart cover and needs to fold)

The micro shell folio would be perfect for me if only it didn't have those ridges on the back.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Recommend me a case?

iLuv already has cases/covers for the new iPad. Their OrigamiFolio looks amazing and has a magnetic on-off function like the Smart Cover. It's expensive ($89.99) and currently out of stock. But I'm sure they'll re-stock when the new iPad gets released.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail.asp?idx=1684&category_cd=t55&cat_lev=1

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
iLuv already has cases/covers for the new iPad. Their OrigamiFolio looks amazing and has a magnetic on-off function like the Smart Cover. It's expensive ($89.99) and currently out of stock. But I'm sure they'll re-stock when the new iPad gets released.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail.asp?idx=1684&category_cd=t55&cat_lev=1

I like it but I don't know if it's just the angle, I need to see it more in action and more pictures before I determine. Thanks!

http://www.orbino.com/store/index.php?cPath=193This is the case I have but it's costly!!http://www.beyzacases.com/pd-ipad-2-executive-ii-case.cfm I also have this. It's very slim and feels like a case Apple would have made if they did a high end leather case.

The first one looks too vintange-y for my taste, and the second one is perfect but I don't like the cut of the back and how the pebble on the leather is so prominent. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.