Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
I remember last year I received my iPhone 4S 10 AM in the morning, and UPS/FeDex usually don't arrive at my house until 3-4PM. I now moved to a more ghetto-ish apartment, which I'd definitely ditch school to wait for the delivery, don't judge :):D:D

However, I don't have many experience of pre-ordering a new Apple product, should I expect my UPS or FeDex delivery in the morning or afternoon? or is it solely based on where I live and how much Apple loves me? I do have to go school for an hour on Friday, I don't want to miss it!!!

I scheduled a meeting with school around 10AM, but I told the guy I'll be a little bit late but will definitely make be there before 3PM.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
BTW I ordered a red smart cover but thinking return it for a folio case. should I? or should I just add a back shell case in addition to the SC?

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
I see, so I was just extremely lucky to have my iPhone 4S received 10 in the morning?
Bravo...

Someone has to get the first package off the truck... Maybe your FedEx/UPS driver was an Apple fan, and stacked all the Apple boxes at the back of the truck?

Personally, I would expect that the drivers try to optimize their day as much as possible based on where their deliveries are at, rather than what they think might be in the boxes. Maybe one of the delivery type people can weigh in on that, though. I'm not a delivery driver, and have never played one on TV.

C

Hosei

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
NY, NY
Yes i agree, once fedex or ups has the package it is up to them what time the package will be delivered,

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Both UPS and FedEx run scheduled routes. If you've had something delivered before, chances are the iPad will arrive at about the same time. If I was going to work on the 16th I could have had mine delivered there, and I'd know for sure if it was UPS it'd be arriving around 11:00am, FedEx around noon.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I doubt Apple has much control at that point... It's up to the delivery drivers once it's on the truck.

C

Apple has no control at this point and you will get it at the same time you would any other package from Amazon or your friend Bubba. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.