Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
I recently found out i have 3 different apple id accounts, all of which have different apps downloaded under them. I have downloaded all the apps from the 3 seperate accounts onto my computer, but now i want to sync it with my id that i want to use as my primary account.
Only problem is i have 7 pages and 3-4 folders per page, each with about 6 apps average. (execsumm: i have too many apps).
i want to keep the same layout, as its taken long to get it right, and keep the apps i have but not install all the apps that are on my computer. Is there a way to secure a way to sync my phone to my computer while maintaining the same layout?

Hosei

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
NY, NY
Wow i can imagine how messy and unorganized everything must be. But i have not heard of any method to do what you are trying to do!

tr0ubles0me

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2011
http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/how-to-save-home-screen-layout-on-ios4.310094/

The current layout is saved in IconState.plist. Copy this file to your computer, either by OpenSSH, iFile or mail it to yourself. I suggest you make a list of all the apps you have in your particular layout before you do anything.

In iTunes on your PC go to Preferences > Devices > UNCHECK Sync devices on connect. After that connect your iPhone, go to the Applications Tab and UNCHECK Automatically sync apps (it should be right under the list of apps). Now you can sync/check only the apps you had in folders in your previous layout. After syncing the desired apps (the ones you previously had in your folder layout), copy the saved IconState.plist to where it was, RENAMING the original. Respring.

EDIT: Why don't you just delete from your iTunes Library all the apps you don't want. They will be saved in your Purchased History anyway. Leave only the ones you want to sync.

It's not really clear I guess, but I think you'll understand once you start.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
i did it but syncing all 3 accounts on my computer, going in and downloading the apps for each account. then i had to go through and check all of the apps i wanted to keep. once synced it kept the same layout and groupings.
quite a relief.
still dont understand why apple isnt allowing merging between accounts though.

Thanks friends

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.