Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Mishka4406
macrumors newbie

PLEASE HELP! Flash video won't play on some sites

I've been trying to watch a video on a few websites that says they're running Flash. They're 2 news piece & not an interactive Flash. I don't know what you would call the difference. Flash video vs Flash file? But anyway, there's a space where the video should be but nothing is there. When I view the website on my PC the video is there. I've tried reinstalling the player. I've tried different settings but nothing works. I need to view this video on my Mac & not my PC. I've tried using Firefox & Chrome but the same thing happens. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening & how to correct it. I don't know if this helps but I swear a week ago when I first pulled up the sites the video was there. I just didn't get to watch them right away. My problem started when I went back to watch them later.

Thanks in advance,M

I'm running Flash 10,3,183,17 on a MAC Pro G5 quad-core intel xeon with OS X version 10.5.8.

These are the 2 websites that I've been trying to view video on:

http://fox4kc.com/2012/01/25/communi...-train-after-p residents-speech/

http://www.equalvoiceforfamilies.org...rising-cost-of -college-education/

If this is not the correct place please redirect me. THNX
Mishka4406 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2
eternlgladiator
macrumors 68000

did the ads run and the movie never played? That happened to me. Probably something wrong with the site and your computer is fine.
eternlgladiator is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:54 AM   #3
r0k
macrumors 68040

I have found that when I experience flash problems on either a PC or my Mac, if I view the site in Chrome with its built in flash player things work as they should. And the videos work better for me in Chrome despite the fact I normally keep flash switched off using Chrome's "click to play" feature.

I think the abhorrent behavior of the flash plugin is one of the things I like least about computers in general. If I have a browser crash, it's always flash. If I can't do something, it's always flash. If there are strange noises coming from my computer in a meeting, it's always flash. If there are plugin not found, version update or other problems, it's always flash.

I was a bit surprised with Steve Jobs ripped on flash a few years back. But recently Adobe announced it was throwing in the towel and would abandon mobile devices and for me the die was cast. Flash needs to go. Flash needs to go now.
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Mishka4406
macrumors newbie

eternlgladiator: The ads didn't played either.

r0k: I tried it on Chrome & the videos won't play there either. Where is this "click to play" option in Chrome? Perhaps I have that switched off.
Mishka4406 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help