Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

username008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hey everyone

I recently got my iPhone replaced at the genius bar and the next day as I was using it at home and school, I noticed that my reception bars and wifi bars were not as "high" as they usually are.

I also compared my 4S to my dad's... I left them both in the same place and periodically checked on them and noticed that I always had one bar less than him - both on wifi and reception. We are both using the same carrier.

This has never been a problem for me as on my previous phone I always had full wifi signal and full reception at home...

I tried resetting my network settings and doing a hard reset AND restoring my phone, but it seems like my wifi and reception still is not as good as my dads.

Any ideas? Should I bring this phone back to the genius bar?

Thanks in advance!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'd compare the phones in test mode at least for cell reception. But yeah a trip to apple maybe in order. My 4s gets good wifi reception and amazing cell reception.

a6f82018-a6ea-f873.jpg

username008

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Thanks for the advice! - Where did you get that page? I just tried looking for it.. but I can't seem to find it. haha

I'd compare the phones in test mode at least for cell reception. But yeah a trip to apple maybe in order. My 4s gets good wifi reception and amazing cell reception.

Edit: I managed to figure it out.. thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.