Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Hi all,

A quick question, how do i get all of my family photos in the icloud? i understand photostream but not sure how i take my 5000 photos and put them into the icloud for safe keeping.

thanks,

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hi all,

A quick question, how do i get all of my family photos in the icloud? i understand photostream but not sure how i take my 5000 photos and put them into the icloud for safe keeping.

thanks,
Photostream only stores up to a 1000 photos. And will purge any photos that are older than 30 days from the stream.

Photostream is not a backup solution.

applemike68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the response...

I understand about photostream, so you are saying there is no way of uploading my family photos to the icloud for storage/safe keeping? I thought that was what icloud was all about, not just recent photos....hmmmmm:confused:

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
If your photos are on your iPhone and you backup your iPhone to iCloud then they are there... Not an ideal backup solution...

Hopefully iCloud will get better and offer us a iDisk type solution as it did in MobileMe. Until then picas and like solutions???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.