Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York
I pre-ordered a Wifi model, but now i found out Verizon's data plan has personal hotspot for no extra charge. I wanna go exchange the wifi for Verizon 4G when it arrive. But i wanna know if the Verizon model have a sim slot.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
I pre-ordered a Wifi model, but now i found out Verizon's data plan has personal hotspot for no extra charge. I wanna go exchange the wifi for Verizon 4G when it arrive. But i wanna know if the Verizon model have a sim slot.

Yes both the AT&T and Verizon iPads will come with SIM cards. That added hotspot for no charge was an easy choice for me after I discovered AT&T 4G is nowhere near my area and Verizon has 2 spots haha

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

AlPlPlLE said:

Yes both the AT&T and Verizon iPads will come with SIM cards. That added hotspot for no charge was an easy choice for me after I discovered AT&T 4G is nowhere near my area and Verizon has 2 spots haha

I compared both, Verizon almost cover the entire U.S. map.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I compared both, Verizon almost cover the entire U.S. map.

Yup. Interested to see the difference in sales between the two companies after its release a few months later.

authority11

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2011
Does this mean I can take my sim card from my unlimited data 4G verizon phone and put into my iPad and not have to pay for the separate iPad data plan?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.