Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing great!

I just got my new iPhone 4S and I activated it. During the process I was asked to enter my iCloud account! I didn't have one at the time because i didn't own an iOS device to create one, so I tried my AppleID instead!
I created an iCloud account after activating my iPhone.

Is there a way to change my iCloud Account Information on my iPhone(with AppleID) to the new iCloud account??
Is that possible?
The iCloud Account Information menu on my iPhone is locked. I think the reason Apple locked it is to prevent anyone from changing it and disabling "Find my phone feature" in case the device was stolen.

I want to sync all my email addresses, my MBP, iPhone etc. with ONLY one account(iCloud) and use this one account for everything!

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thnx!

Bobby.e

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
Kansas
Go into setting then mail, contacts, calendar. Add account then add the new iCloud. Then go into the old account from the same settings screen and delete it

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Go into setting then mail, contacts, calendar. Add account then add the new iCloud. Then go into the old account from the same settings screen and delete it

This only deals with the email account.

If you want to delete your iCloud account from your device and sign in with another, you'll need to go to Settings>iCloud and scroll to the bottom. There you'll see a 'Delete Account' button. Once it has been deleted, you should be able to sign in with you other iCloud account.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
This only deals with the email account.

If you want to delete your iCloud account from your device and sign in with another, you'll need to go to Settings>iCloud and scroll to the bottom. There you'll see a 'Delete Account' button. Once it has been deleted, you should be able to sign in with you other iCloud account.

Thnx to both of you but is it safe to delete the existing account on my iPhone(AppleID)??i mean, i'm not sure what's going to happen if i delete the account!
I just don't want to mess everything up!

Thnx again!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Thnx to both of you but is it safe to delete the existing account on my iPhone(AppleID)??i mean, i'm not sure what's going to happen if i delete the account!
I just don't want to mess everything up!

Thnx again!

Wait..are you wanting to change your Apple ID or iCloud account? Both can use the same email address, but they are 2 different accounts.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
Wait..are you wanting to change your Apple ID or iCloud account? Both can use the same email address, but they are 2 different accounts.

I activated my iPhone with my AppleID because i didn't have an iCloud account!
i just want to remove the AppleID from my iPhone and replace it with the new iCloud account i've just created.
Now i have my AppleID and a new iCloud account!
Also i want to sync all my mail addresses to my iCloud account and use only the iCloud account!

Hope you get my point!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
If you haven't purchased anything from the App Store with the one you set up originally, you can just go to the App Store on your device and sign in with your new one. If you did purchase some apps, those will need the old ID to update them. Apps are tied to the Apple ID that purchased them.

From what I understand, you have an Apple ID and an iCloud account. If this is right, just try doing what I said in the first paragraph and signing in with your iCloud account. This should remove the Apple ID that is currently being used on the device.

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
If you haven't purchased anything from the App Store with the one you set up originally, you can just go to the App Store on your device and sign in with your new one. If you did purchase some apps, those will need the old ID to update them. Apps are tied to the Apple ID that purchased them.

From what I understand, you have an Apple ID and an iCloud account. If this is right, just try doing what I said in the first paragraph and signing in with your iCloud account. This should remove the Apple ID that is currently being used on the device.

I haven't purchased anything yet, just downloaded some free apps!

Yes!! I did what you said and it worked, partially! Now i'm able to use the "Find my phone" feature(iCloud.com) but still, my iPhone is registered with the AppleID and my iCloud(System Preferences) is registered with my iCloud account! I can't use "Photo Stream" :(

IMO, the easiest way to solve this is to change the current account on my iPhone(Settings>iCloud>Account) to my iCloud account!
iPhone current account = AppleID
iPhone desired account = iCloud Account

Last edited:

SweeneyD24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Mauritius
Problem Fixed

Hey guys, i just wanna thank you for your advices and your time!

I followed HazyCloud's advice and i deleted my AppleID account on my iPhone and replaced it with my @me.com account a while ago!
It's working fine now and i think if you know your way around your iOS device it's safe to delete or change your account at anytime!

Thnx again for your concern!

griffjon

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013

G'day mate, sorry for hijacking this thread but you seem to know what your talking about.

On my IPhone 4 under icloud it has an old email assigned to it and it won't let me edit it, I tried to delete but it popped up a window asking for my apple ID but the old email was already there it just had a space for password. Any advice would be great as I am pretty much a Tech idiot.
Thanks
Jon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.