Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:02 PM   #1
GoldenHoya
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to GoldenHoya
Thunderbird & iCal?

Hey all,
I'm becoming a big fan of iCal, but haven't liked Mail the few times that I've used it (was on PC until a few months ago and got used to Thunderbird there, still use it now). Is there a way that I can get all the email functionality of iCal to work with Thunderbird? Or can it only work with Mail? Thanks!
GoldenHoya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Brother Michael
macrumors 6502a

I would assume that whatever it is you are trying to do, it would only work with iApps.

That said, I love Thunderbird, and wish it would work with my address book as opposed to its own address book...or at least had the same LDAP client functionality as mail (what I mean is, in Mail as I type a name, the LDAP server begins narrowing down the results on BG's network for the email addy. Thunderbird doesn't do it quite the same)

Mike

Last edited by Brother Michael; Jun 23, 2005 at 01:01 PM.
Brother Michael is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:15 PM   #3
jared_kipe
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to jared_kipe
What does Tbird do that mail.app doesnt do?
jared_kipe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:18 PM   #4
Mitthrawnuruodo

If you've sat the Default Email Reader (in Mail -> Preferences -> General) to Thunderbird, won't iCal just use that instead of Mail for invites and confirmations...?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:42 AM   #5
GoldenHoya
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to GoldenHoya
See, that's what I thought, but it's not working correctly. Everytime it comes to a reminder (which I can see being really useful) in iCal it tries to use Mail.
How is Mail to use anyway?
GoldenHoya is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store